Comment on page
Starting an Experiment
- 2.Run an experiment with water before doing so with cells, especially if you change the code
You will have one command line window for each server and each experiment running. It can also be helpful to have a separate window for
For example for two min-eVOLVER experiments:
- 2 server windows (server environment)
- 2 experiment windows (
An example fluidics layout for basic chemostat or turbidostat. If necessary, inducer can be programmed to be controlled via the low flow-rate pumps (not shown).
Do not inoculate cells until after starting the experiment if you want accurate readings. There is innate variability in the OD of the vials (among other things) and we will blank to your vials during experiment start.
Vials set up for a basic chemostat or turbidostat.
send_command.pyto set to correct temperature
- 1.A calibrated temperature command is in your calibration file
- 2.Temperature affects OD readings and we need a good initial OD to act as a "blank"
- 6.Allow min-eVOLVER to come to temperature
- 1.If running more than one min-eVOLVER at a time: you need a separate experiment folder and command line window for each min-eVOLVER (and different port number)
- 2.Start the experiment using the command:
python3 eVOLVER.py -i localhost:<your_min-eV_port>
python3 eVOLVER.py -i localhost:5555